1000 Calories a Day1000 calories a day is the amount many people are familiar with. Depending on the fitness plan and expectations, some people plan their 1000 calorie-burning workouts, some plan on eating 1000 calories a day to lose weight. Regardless of what your aim is, 1000-Calories.com is the right place for you to get diets and workout ideas, inspiration, motivation and more. You are welcome to check out our online calculators that will help you better understand fitness basics. They are completely free, so you are welcome to test them and use for your own fitness needs.
How to burn 1000 calories: Tips and IdeasIf you are interested in burning 1000 calories per day, most likely you are looking for a quick fat burning strategy. Some intense fat-burning workout strategies claim, that they help to burn 1000 calories per hour. Before we start analyzing the most effective strategies, there are certain things you need to be aware of.
- You need to know, that the 1000 calorie burning plan is very different from what the workout is in reality. To gain a real result, you need to make sure all exercises are conducted the right way. Besides, it is a must to adhere to the time frames mentioned in the calorie burning plans. This means not only calculating the time you spend to exercise, but also the time you take to rest.
- Burning 1000 calories per workout is a serious challenge, so make sure your body is prepared. You really do not want to get injured by trying to get rid of unwanted fat that quickly.
- If you are willing to lose weight, make sure the 1000 calorie burning plan you follow is developed for weight loss. If you come across a workout that is aimed to train muscles to help them grow, you are likely to gain weight instead of losing it.
Burn 1000 calories workout: ChecklistIf you feel, that you are ready to take this challenge, make sure you understand the basics. We have created a quick checklist that will help you find the right approach to the fat-burning plan you are into.
- Gender. It is a well-known fact, that men burn more calories than women. That’s because they are more muscular, and muscles help to convert glucose into energy. So, make sure the 1000 calorie burning workout plan you select is designed for your gender.
- Intensity. It is quite possible to burn 1000 calories per hour if you do intense cardio. However, when you start the workout, make sure you stand this intensity within 1 hour without slowing down. So, it is a good idea not to look at your fitness band every moment, but to make sure you can stand the complete workout by adhering to the intensity you start with.
- Rest. Regardless of the workout, you are into, you will need to take some time to rest. The amount of time you need to rest depends on the workout plan you follow. But when you rest, you do not exercise. So, 1 hour of exercise plus 20 minutes of rest is 80 minutes of time 1 workout will take in reality. So, consider your time.
The fastest way to burn 1000 calories: The best exercisesTo burn calories quickly and make sure the fat is burnt long after the training is over, consider Hight Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This kind of training means, that you will be doing a lot of intense aerobic cardio exercises, and then will take a very short rest. This approach to burning fat is the most effective one as of today. Now, let us consider the best exercises that will help you build your own 1000-calorie burning plan.
- Rope Jumps. When you do high-intensity rope jumps, you burn around 750 – 1050 calories per hour of continuous non-stop exercising. Rope jumps are technically easy, so they can be a great exercise you will benefit from.
- Burpees. This is another highly effective exercise that does not require a lot of technical skills or preparation to start doing. However, it is a good idea to do burpees as intense as your preparation level allows. Only when done in such a tempo, burpees will be a valuable addition to your custom 100-calorie burning plan. Burpees not only help burn calories but also strengthen the whole body. In average, 1 hour of burpees helps you burn 750 – 1000 calories.
- Jump Squats & Jump Lunges. These exercises are a great solution for strengthening the lower body and burning calories. Adding jumps to these exercises is exactly what makes difference and what will help you gain the result and burn 1000 calories per training. Do jump lunges and jump squats within an hour, and you will burn between 700 – 900 calories. You can do 20 reps of jump squats followed by 20 reps of jump lunges followed by a 1-minute break.
- Plank Jacks & Jumping Jacks. Combination of these 2 exercises will not only help you burn 650 – 850 calories per hour, but will also help in building a strong core and train the whole body. If you want to add both into your 1000 calorie burning workout, you can do 40 jumping jacks and then, without taking any rest, get down in a plank pose. After the plank is over, take a 10-second break.
- High Knees. This is an effective way to burn 700 – 900 calories per hour of intense training. It is recommended to do 40 reps of high knees and do a 1-minute break. This intense cardio will not only help you burn fat, but will also improve heart and lung health.
- Crunches & Sit Ups. This is the exercise, that will not only help you burn calories, but will also help you get rid of the unwanted belly fat. When you crunch and do sit-ups, you can burn between 600 – 900 calories per hour. There are different types and variations of crunches you may be interested in. Try bicycle crunches, leg up sit-ups to train different muscle groups and gain the best result.
Now, you are ready to build your own workout plan that will help you burn 1000 calories a day and gain your result. Now, let us get closer to the diet plan. So, what do you need to cook to eat less than 1000 calories a day?
1000 calories a day diet: Things to considerThe main rule of weight loss is to eat fewer calories than the body consumes. However, 1000 calories is normally less, than the amount of energy an average person needs. That is why it is a good idea to consult a doctor before you start eating 1000 calories a day. The low-calorie diet helps to create a calorie deficit. Note, that it will help you produce results fast, but may leave you tired, especially if you combine your 1000-calorie diet with a workout. Another thing to consider is fast weight loss. Note, that you are losing not only fat but also muscle weight. As a result, get ready to fight with hunger.
1000 calories a day meal plan: Smart eatingIf you plan to eat as little as 1000 calories per day, you need to make smart choices and maximize the use of every bite. So, you need to balance your diet plan and make sure you eat healthily. Here is what you need to eat to make sure your diet is healthy.
- 3 servings of grains;
- 2 servings of fruit;
- 2 servings of protein;
- 2 servings of milk;
- 5 servings of vegetables;
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
1000 calories a day menusIt is a must to calculate calories whenever you decide to take a 1000-calorie diet challenge. This means that you will need to calculate the calories of every bit of the meal you eat. It is a good idea to download a mobile app that will help you quickly understand, how many calories different food contains. As for the proportions, here are the choices you may need to build your custom diet plan.
Grain choices for a 1000-calorie diet
- 1 slice of 100% whole-wheat bread;
- 1/2 cup of cooked potatoes;
- 3 tablespoons of dried oats;
- 2 tablespoons of brown rice/any other grain.
Protein choices for a 1000-calorie diet
- 4 oz of cooked lean meat;
- 2 oz of low-fat cheese;
- 4 oz of cooked poultry;
- 4 oz of cooked fish or tofu;
- 2 eggs;
- 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
Fruit & veggie choices for a 1000-calorie diet
- 1 medium apple/orange;
- 1 tablespoon of dried fruit;
- 1 cup of grapes/strawberries;
- 1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked nonstarchy vegetables (greens, cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes, radishes, beets, peppers).
Dairy choices for a 1000-calorie diet
- 1 cup of nonfat milk;
- 1 cup of low-fat yogurt.
How to eat 1000 calories a day & not to give upHere are some simple rules you need to follow if you plan to adhere to this way of eating. To stay hydrated, drink plenty of water. Also, do not forget to add vanilla, salt, pepper, etc. to make your food tastier. Surveys show, that the people who follow the 1000 calorie diet suffer from hunger, especially when they just start their challenge. To help you keep hunger away and not to sabotage your diet, try loading up on low-calorie food. This approach will help you eat less yet stay full.
Add “free” food to your diet, especially when you just start. By “free” food we mean things that do not contain calories or have an insignificant amount of them. Drink 1-2 cups of water before every meal to feel full and eat less. Also, this way of eating will help you feel more satisfied on a 1000-calorie diet.
- use “free” products;
- drink plenty of water;
- drink 2 cups of water before every meal;
- add spices, vinegar, and other calorie-free products to add flavor to food.
The bottom lineIn case you are 100% positive that you want to take the 1000-calories challenge, you are welcome to check out 1000-calories.com for the calorie calculators, diet plans, recipes, exercise and workout ideas. Our calculators will help you better understand the needs of your body, so feel free to use the whole potential of this web resource to build your perfect body!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
The purpose of 1000-calories.com is to help online members
- Take the guesswork out of weight loss with our unique, easy-to-follow weight loss programs.
- Lose weight through a combination of a healthy diet and a fitness program.
- Keep motivated while losing weight – we will support you every step of the way.
- Understand calorie counters, how to use food calorie counters and take advantage of exercise calorie counters.
- Search through an assortment of flexible diet plans and put together a customized diet plan that is perfect just for you.
- Join simple, effective and user-friendly scientifically researched online weight loss programs.
- Use a simple online BMI calculator to determine their Body Mass Index.
- Calculate their BMI and explain what the results indicate.
- Stay fit and fabulous. Our fitness plans and fitness programs are adapted to your weight loss goals, your level of fitness and lifestyle, and will target your specific problem areas.
CALORIES IN ONE DAY