While achieving your weight loss goal may be an individual and personal journey, support from those closest around you can make all the difference between reaching your goal weight and not. Furthermore, family support is fundamental for long-term, sustainable lifestyle changes. What is more, everyone benefits!
Tips to get the family onside:
- Let your family know of your weight loss goals and that they are important to you. Tell them how much you value their support.
- Prepare healthy alternatives of family favourites.
- Make healthy meals that everyone will enjoy.
- Involve kids by getting them involved in the decision making process, shopping, preparation and cooking of the meal.
- Encourage family outings that are active and nutritious.
- When out on your daily walk or exercise routine, ask family to join you or join in with their activities. Alternatively, start a team sport with your family.
Goals Beyond the Scale
If you have set a goal for losing weight-great! You are off to a positive start. Having a clear goal is crucial for long-term success. It allows you to measure your progress, stay motivated and celebrate your achievements.
Losing weight is more than a number on the scales and by losing weight you are also improving many other important aspects in your life. Here are a few:
- Reduced dress size. Measure yourself once a month and see your centimetres shrinking away.
- Improved overall health. By losing weight you are significantly reducing your risk of developing cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabtetes, high blood pressurem some types of cancer as well as asthma.
- Improved fitness. Everyday task will become easier, even getting out of bed will become easier as you will have more energy and stamina. Losing weight and becoming fitter means less puffing at simple tasks such as climbing stairs. Set yourself some future goals such as a 5 km run and start preparing for this.
- Reduced stress and coping strategies.
- Improved sleep.
You may have already set some goals or have dreamt of achieving certain goals. Start acting and stop dreaming because with small achievable goals, you can achieve your main goal.
Here are some goals you may have thought about:
- Fitting into your dream dress.
- Being more social and not hiding away or making excuses why you cannot attend. Start making dates with friends and aim to look your best.
- Attempt activities you would never have considered previously such as horse riding, rock climbing, beach volleyball etc.
- Being more active in your kids lives such as kicking a soccer ball in the back yard or helping out at your daughters netball club.
These are just a few examples. Goals are personal and individual but all have one thing in common-they are achievable if planning and work goes into achieving those!
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Most Popular Fitness Products
HEAVY DUTY INVERSION TABLE WITH ADJUSTABLE HEADREST Inversion table is another multi-purpose trainer you absolutely need to take advantage of. Make sure you benefit from every feature your quality inversion table has! Use ankle holding system, backrest supports, headrests and more. Make sure you exercise in that safe and effective way!
BOWFLEX SELECTTECH 552 ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELLS Adjustable dumbbells allow changing the resistance by simply turning a dial. The min is 5 lbs, while max is 52.5 lbs. Now you no longer need 30 different dumbbells to train the way you want. 1 set of dumbbells is enough to replace all other dumbbells you have!
HIGH DENSITY ANTI-TEAR EXERCISE YOGA MAT Here is our favorite yoga mat. Regardless of sports you are into, you absolutely need one. A quality yoga mat not only serves for years without showing wear and tear. It features anti-slip surface to prevent injuries. The material does not absorb moisture, dirt, and sweat, so you can quickly clean your mat by washing it. This mat is an easy way to make your workout safer, more convenient and hygienic.
GEAR & ACCESSORIES
SIMPLY FIT BOARD Simply Fit board is the fitness accessory that will help you train not only abs, but the whole body. It is the balance board, that strengthens muscles, helps train and improve balance and keeps you fit. With balance boards, training is more fun, than challenge. Burn calories easily at home without having to visit gym!
STAMINA IN-MOTION ELLIPTICAL TRAINER Elliptical in-motion trainer is one of the most popular trainers both in gyms and at home. What makes these machines so popular? These trainers burn as many calories as jogging does, and also tones legs, tighs, hips and buttocks. This trainer is so small, and you can train anytime when you have one at home.