The festive season can be one of the most difficult when it comes to weight loss. There are so many functions with delicious foods on offer that, at times, it is hard to stop yourself. It is a time to enjoy but below is a list of valuable tips to help you through the Christmas season. Check out easy tips and our experts’ advice to keep fit even after the holidays!
Tips to Keep Fit During the Holidays
- Use smaller plates. This helps you eat smaller portions. Enjoy all the great food, but moderation is the key.
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of water before eating. This helps satiety levels and keeps you hydrated. Try also to have one glass of water between each glass of alcohol or soft drink.
- Clear the table once the meal is finished rather than sitting around and picking away all the leftovers.
- Do not go to a party on an empty stomach. Try to eat consistently throughout the day, so you are less likely to overeat at the party.
- Limit high-fat items. It is essential to enjoy all foods; however, high-fat foods are the hardest to work off. So be mindful of what you are eating and make a conscious decision not to indulge in fatty foods.
- Exercise when possible. It is essential to get out still and do half an hour of exercise each day as it will keep your metabolism ticking over, burning more of the holiday food you eat.
- Continue to eat breakfast if you wake up and don’t feel hungry; try to have breakfast anyway as it kicks and starts your metabolism.
- Stay positive. If you are not very successful, don’t get down on yourself. Enjoy this time of year and get back into your usual routine as soon as possible!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Most Popular Fitness Products
GEAR & ACCESSORIES
SIMPLY FIT BOARD Simply Fit board is the fitness accessory that will help you train not only abs, but the whole body. It is the balance board, that strengthens muscles, helps train and improve balance and keeps you fit. With balance boards, training is more fun, than challenge. Burn calories easily at home without having to visit gym!
STAMINA IN-MOTION ELLIPTICAL TRAINER Elliptical in-motion trainer is one of the most popular trainers both in gyms and at home. What makes these machines so popular? These trainers burn as many calories as jogging does, and also tones legs, tighs, hips and buttocks. This trainer is so small, and you can train anytime when you have one at home.
HEAVY DUTY INVERSION TABLE WITH ADJUSTABLE HEADREST Inversion table is another multi-purpose trainer you absolutely need to take advantage of. Make sure you benefit from every feature your quality inversion table has! Use ankle holding system, backrest supports, headrests and more. Make sure you exercise in that safe and effective way!
HIGH DENSITY ANTI-TEAR EXERCISE YOGA MAT Here is our favorite yoga mat. Regardless of sports you are into, you absolutely need one. A quality yoga mat not only serves for years without showing wear and tear. It features anti-slip surface to prevent injuries. The material does not absorb moisture, dirt, and sweat, so you can quickly clean your mat by washing it. This mat is an easy way to make your workout safer, more convenient and hygienic.
BOWFLEX SELECTTECH 552 ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELLS Adjustable dumbbells allow changing the resistance by simply turning a dial. The min is 5 lbs, while max is 52.5 lbs. Now you no longer need 30 different dumbbells to train the way you want. 1 set of dumbbells is enough to replace all other dumbbells you have!