Its important to keep eating regularly throughout the day to keep your metabolism moving. But if your snacks are stacking on too many calories to your daily total, its time to come up with some new ideas. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious and healthy ways to satisfy your cravings and keep your hunger at bay. Try sprinkling a few of these 100-calorie-or-less snacks into your diet plan and stay full and energised all day long!
- Pomegranate seeds. Half a cup of pomegranate seeds gets you to just 80 calories- and the sweet taste and unusual texture makes it a delicious snack, perfect for keeping your diet plan interesting! Pomegranates are also a great source of vitamins A, C and E as well as folic acid.
- Muesli bar. Check out the nutritional labels of different brands, but it shouldnt be too hard to find ones that are under 100 calories each. The whole grains will fill you up and the crunchy texture makes it satisfying.
- Strawberries. One cup of strawberries is only 30 calories, so you can even top it with some low-fat yogurt for a deliciously sweet snack at any time of day.
- Soup. In winter, it can be nice to have a cup of soup in the afternoon. Choose something filled with vegetables, like minestrone, for around 80 calories per cup.
- Hard boiled egg. Its easy to prepare, and full of protein, so it will keep you feeling full. A medium-sized egg has around 78 calories.
- Almonds. 13 regular-sized almonds gets you to about 90 calories. Almonds are high in fibre and protein, so theyll give you energy and fill you up. Plus, theyre a great source of vitamin E, magnesium and potassium, as well as plant phytochemicals that are good for your overall health.
- Popcorn. Feel like youre at the movies – without the mountains of butter and salt! 2 cups of air-popped popcorn with a tablespoon of butter is only 95 calories, with lots of fibre to keep you feeling full.
- Oatmeal. Just remember to watch your portions! A serving of oatmeal is only 100 calories or less, so cook some with water instead of milk, and use cinnamon to flavour it instead of sugar to save on even more calories.
- Cottage cheese. Put some cottage cheese on a piece of rye bread, or even on some fruit like an apple or pear. Cottage cheese is very low in fat and high in protein, so it makes a great healthy snack.
- Banana. One small banana has around 90 calories, and give you plenty of fibre for instant energy. They also have lots of potassium, iron and vitamin B6.
- Apple and peanut butter. Slice up a small apple and eat it with peanut butter for a deliciously refreshing snack- all for just 95 calories.
- Pumpkin seeds. 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds is 95 calories, and gives you plenty of amino acids, iron, vitamins, and unsaturated fatty acids (the good kind).
- Hummus. Put two tablespoons of hummus on a small piece of pita bread. All up it will be just 100 calories, and it will give you an exotic flavour that makes healthy snacking less monotonous. Plus, hummus is a good source of protein, so it will fill you up.
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Most Popular Fitness Products
HEAVY DUTY INVERSION TABLE WITH ADJUSTABLE HEADREST Inversion table is another multi-purpose trainer you absolutely need to take advantage of. Make sure you benefit from every feature your quality inversion table has! Use ankle holding system, backrest supports, headrests and more. Make sure you exercise in that safe and effective way!
BOWFLEX SELECTTECH 552 ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELLS Adjustable dumbbells allow changing the resistance by simply turning a dial. The min is 5 lbs, while max is 52.5 lbs. Now you no longer need 30 different dumbbells to train the way you want. 1 set of dumbbells is enough to replace all other dumbbells you have!
HIGH DENSITY ANTI-TEAR EXERCISE YOGA MAT Here is our favorite yoga mat. Regardless of sports you are into, you absolutely need one. A quality yoga mat not only serves for years without showing wear and tear. It features anti-slip surface to prevent injuries. The material does not absorb moisture, dirt, and sweat, so you can quickly clean your mat by washing it. This mat is an easy way to make your workout safer, more convenient and hygienic.
GEAR & ACCESSORIES
SIMPLY FIT BOARD Simply Fit board is the fitness accessory that will help you train not only abs, but the whole body. It is the balance board, that strengthens muscles, helps train and improve balance and keeps you fit. With balance boards, training is more fun, than challenge. Burn calories easily at home without having to visit gym!
STAMINA IN-MOTION ELLIPTICAL TRAINER Elliptical in-motion trainer is one of the most popular trainers both in gyms and at home. What makes these machines so popular? These trainers burn as many calories as jogging does, and also tones legs, tighs, hips and buttocks. This trainer is so small, and you can train anytime when you have one at home.