There is a lot of information on low GI foods and sometimes it can be difficult to know exactly which foods you should be eating. Below is a summary list of various low GI foods you should try to incorporate into your diet.
- Asian Sauces – Including Hoi sin, oyster, soy and fish sauces.
- Capers, olives & anchovies – Can be stored for a long time and great for adding flavour to dishes.
- Bread – find a low GI variety that you enjoy, multi grain breads as a general rule have low GI values.
- Breakfast cereals – All Bran, Special K, Rolled Oats or natural muesli are all great sources of low GI foods. Try to avoid some of the cereals that are high in sugar.
- Canned fish – fish is very high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
- Canned vegetables – In addition to having very low GI values, vegetables are a great source or vitamins and minerals.
- Couscous – Can be made and served in minutes.
- Eggs – A good nutritious food and although has some fat is mostly mono-unsaturated which is considered ‘good fat’.
- Fruit – A great low gi snack, high in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Legumes – lentils, split peas and beans are all very low in GI values and extremely healthy.
- Mustard – Seeded or grainy mustard is great on sandwiches.
- Milk – Try to stick to low fat or skim milk. The calcium found in milk is an important part of our diets.
- Pasta – Is a great source of carbohydrates and generally has low GI values.
- Rice – Basmati, Doongara & wild rice are good varieties to stick to.
- Vegetables – Have as much vegetables as you can. Low in fat and extremely nutritious.
- Yoghurt – A great source of calcium. Try to stick to the low fat varieties.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Most Popular Fitness Products
GEAR & ACCESSORIES
SIMPLY FIT BOARD Simply Fit board is the fitness accessory that will help you train not only abs, but the whole body. It is the balance board, that strengthens muscles, helps train and improve balance and keeps you fit. With balance boards, training is more fun, than challenge. Burn calories easily at home without having to visit gym!
STAMINA IN-MOTION ELLIPTICAL TRAINER Elliptical in-motion trainer is one of the most popular trainers both in gyms and at home. What makes these machines so popular? These trainers burn as many calories as jogging does, and also tones legs, tighs, hips and buttocks. This trainer is so small, and you can train anytime when you have one at home.
HEAVY DUTY INVERSION TABLE WITH ADJUSTABLE HEADREST Inversion table is another multi-purpose trainer you absolutely need to take advantage of. Make sure you benefit from every feature your quality inversion table has! Use ankle holding system, backrest supports, headrests and more. Make sure you exercise in that safe and effective way!
HIGH DENSITY ANTI-TEAR EXERCISE YOGA MAT Here is our favorite yoga mat. Regardless of sports you are into, you absolutely need one. A quality yoga mat not only serves for years without showing wear and tear. It features anti-slip surface to prevent injuries. The material does not absorb moisture, dirt, and sweat, so you can quickly clean your mat by washing it. This mat is an easy way to make your workout safer, more convenient and hygienic.
BOWFLEX SELECTTECH 552 ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELLS Adjustable dumbbells allow changing the resistance by simply turning a dial. The min is 5 lbs, while max is 52.5 lbs. Now you no longer need 30 different dumbbells to train the way you want. 1 set of dumbbells is enough to replace all other dumbbells you have!